What’s New at the Golf Courses
Is golfing a large part of your life? Do you enjoy hitting the long ball like John Daly as well as having the short game of Jack Nicklaus, or at least pretending you do? Well The Pines and Preserve at Grand View Lodge has just added some new features to make your experience, and your game, more enjoyable. While we at The Pines want to see people improve their golf game, it is also very important that you have a good time at our golf courses.
We have spent a lot of time during the off-season curating the golf course not only for those playing golf, but also so that you can relax and enjoy a meal on the patio of one of our restaurants. Every year we take the time to improve the ambiance and the view as you watch parties close out a round on the green. The course and everything that adds to the experience has been closely monitored and we have made many strides to make the experience more enjoyable for all that come.
- Brand new Club Car golf carts with the new Visage GPS systems similar the Pines last year.
- New menu for the Preserve Pub which includes the Meatloaf Burger, Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwich, and back by popular demand, our Fish Tacos with Pineapple Salsa.
- Adam Haugen has also joined us as the new head professional at The Preserve. He grew up in Fargo where he found his love for golf and after completing his PGA PGM and being awarded the assistant golf professional of the year for North Dakota twice. We are very excited to have him on our team.
- New Travis Matthews line of products, as well as Puma and Nike, in the Pro Shop to help you get in the game.
- Don’t forget that the Preserve went through a one million dollar renovation last year and actually didn’t open till July. If you didn’t make it out there last year, make sure you make a drive out there this year. It’s in fantastic shape!
- Freddy’s at The Pines has just spent the off-season getting a facelift and renovation of our back room ‘the Back9’ adding 8 big screen TV’s for sports, cribbage on all the tables, and new tables and chairs, and a shuffle board table.
- A new menu and including a variety of burgers, sandwiches, fresh salads, homemade soup daily, and a reoccurring favorite, the Sloppy Joe Quesadilla!
- Our new Freddy’s manager has been a Grand View superstar for years. We welcome Tracey Boeder to the team and she has done a fantastic job making our goal a reality at Freddy’s. Make sure you stop in and say ‘Hi’ when you get a chance.
Mike Bohnenstingl, our Director of Golf Maintenance, states, “Our golf courses are looking the best it they have in years. Each course came through the winter very well, and conditions on the fairways and greens are fantastic!”
While each of the golf courses are unique with its own character there are many events that both courses sponsor throughout the year. We have our Father’s Day special in June where a father and his children can come and enjoy a round of golf together. The father gets to play for free and the children get a discounted rate of $39 plus tax. When you have completed your round feel free to stop into our restaurants and the first beer for Dad will be free. This offer will be available over the weekend of Father’s Day, June 17th - 19th, and we hope to see the whole family out for a round of golf.
Whether you are a regular golfer or just new to the sport, we hope that you will find everything you are looking for at The Pines or The Preserve golf courses. We have made a lot of effort to live up to the expectations of our guests as well as make it affordable and fun for the whole family. If you want to shoot like the pro’s or like spending time in the rough, we feel that our new amenities and staff will help you enjoy your golfing dreams.